Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Wednesday. A 'mini-hurricaine' hit New Orleans last night. The Quarter was flooded, but the music went on. Hear a cajun band and a rocker. Wish I could remember their names... I sat in with Kim Carson and Jason Bishop at Kerry's Pub on Decatur Street. Jason's a good picker and singer and plays country music in the Quarter 7-9 gigs a week! Kim is a really good country singer and bass player; she playes every night somewhere in the Quarter and hits the road a lot too. A tour of Europe is coming up. Thanks, Kim for showing me the ropes.... There are thunderheads outside this morning for my drive to Orange Beach, AL - yikes! I'm playing with Cowboy Johnson over there. He's a really great singer and writer, the "real thing!" I've felt real tired and under the weather most of the time out here. Bad dreams, not sleeping much. But the gigs have been fun. When I walk on stage, everything seems to melt away and I'm in another world....

No comments: